January Fun! ☃️

 Well, winter certainly has arrived!  The past two weeks have been a bit challenging with the weather but we've all been flexible and gone with the flow.  Despite the disjointed weeks it still amazes me how much we can accomplish!

Hopefully you have noticed the paper books that I have been sending home.  These are copies of books that your child is reading during our reading groups.  At this point they are familiar with the stories but the importance of reading it at home is a key part in building fluency.  I have also sent home highlighted word wall lists.  Please take a minute and ask your child to read these words to you.  I feel like a proud parent when I see their progress!  It is so exciting! 

In math we are wrapping up our unit in addition.  At this point in the year, the pace and expectations increase a bit in our math program.  I am really enjoying watching the kids challenge themselves with using different ways to show their thinking.  We have spent many days exploring different number combinations and ways to represent sums of numbers.

I just wanted to give a quick reminder that we will be heading over to Junction Bowl tomorrow, Monday, January 30th.  I will most certainly take lots of pictures of this special event!  

Enjoy the pictures below of Game Day and winter fun!  ❄️ 











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Kindergarten!

Best Week Ever!