February Wind Down

 It's hard to believe that March is just a few days away!  Unfortunately, it looks like the weather wants to hang on to winter for a bit longer!  I hope February break was a relaxing and healthy one for you all.  

Next week is Read Across America and Spirit Week!  I have attached the notice that was sent home before break. Each day is a different theme and it is completely optional if your child wishes to participate.  Crazy Hair Day is always a favorite for me!

I am posting lots of pictures from the past 2 weeks.  You will see the the kids writing math equations on their white boards.  They have done an amazing job listening to different story problems and distinguishing between if it is an addition or subtraction problem.  I have been so impressed with how well the kids been able to follow the multiple steps I am asking them to do when solving story problems.  

You will also see the kids creating their own books.  Giving kindergarteners the freedom of writing about whatever they want, fiction or nonfiction, is my favorite thing to do in literacy.  So often they watch me model a type of writing with a specific topic.  The kids have reached the point in kindergarten where they no longer need me to guide them along step by step and I LOVE it!  :)

Finally...you will see some shots from Valentine's Day! Pictures couldn't capture the absolute sweetness from that afternoon.  The kids were genuinely grateful for each and every card they received.  Listening to their excitement as they read the names of who gave them the cards was just so cute!

Spring conferences are just a couple of weeks away!  Within the next week I will be sending out an email for conference sign ups.  

Please tell your children that I am excited to see them on Monday!  😊




















                                This picture perfectly sums up our "before vacation" feels!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Kindergarten!

Best Week Ever!